Below are some general self storage tips to help with storing your items here at Appleton East Stroage.
Inspect your storage space: Make sure to Inspect your storage unit for adequate sizing. Be sure to allow residual space along walls, floor, and between items to allow for good air flow. Improper stacking of items without allowing airflow could create a moisture condition during certain seasonal periods.
Fill boxes to capacity: Don't pack cartons/boxes partially or bulking because they may collapse or tip over. Make sure to put heavy items like books or tools in small boxes so they are easier to lift. Protect fragile goods with packing (i.e. bubble-pack or other), and place them near the top of your storage space. Do Not Place Cardboard Boxes Directly on the Floor.
Label boxes: Having your boxes labeled well, will allow you to find items easier when searching for items or during a move. Having your items labeled will definitely help when you are looking for an item when you need it. Be sure to put a label on the side as well as the top so that they are easily seen. Once the boxes are stacked on top of each other a label on the top doesn’t help.
Pack the storage space carefully: Make sure to leave air space around the perimeter to aid in ventilation. Do not lean items against the walls. Allow a walk-way to the rear of your space for easy access. Use all the space available, including the height, and place frequently used goods near the door.
• Store couches (except sofa-beds) on end to maximize space.
• Protect mattresses and furniture with pads and covers.
• Wrap mirrors and pictures with paper pads, or use mirror boxes.
• Never store tables & shelves flat.
• Disassemble tables and shelves and store on their sides.
• Wrap and mark all pieces for easier re-assembly.
• Seal boxes completely with packing tape to keep out dust.
• Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar and clean before storing.
• And don’t forget to use the space inside for extra storage!
© Appleton East Storage. All Rights Reserved.